Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Visit to Amish Town..








We decided after Madison finished volleyball practice that we would just take a drive up to Amish Country. It ended up being the weekend everybody else in the country decided to do the same thing. We went to the cheese factory, but the line to get in was over an hour long wait. So we decided to go to see the worlds largest coo coo clock. The clock really works chimes and all.
On the drive we obviously saw many Amish people. I love seeing these guys. I am always amazed by them. Before gas prices started to drop, we were thinking abut upgrading to a nice horse and buggy. The kids were against it from the start. No place to install a tv. I loved the picture of the little boys, just happened to get a non evasive shot of them. They don't seem to mind having their pictures taken, but I don't want them to feel like a tourist attraction, because these are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. We were also able to see a lot of the countryside. It is so beautiful when the leaves are changing, hopefully you can tell by the pictures. The kids are continuing to love it here and are growing bigger each day it seems. I look at the pictures from over the summer and it scares me on how much they seem to have changed. So hopefully with this blog we can all watch the wonderful changes and experience we are having in our lives here in Ohio. Well everybody seems to be falling asleep around me. I guess that's what happens when you get up early for church. Guess I join them.
Love,
Kathy






0 comments: